Depression is a problem that is drastically affecting our local society now a days. Taking a walk outdoors and having the fresh air and sunshine helps you relax. It eases any symptoms of depression. In fact, there is a direct correlation between walking and depression. When we walk, our brain produces excess of serotonin, a chemical that helps us feel good. It is well known as good mood chemical.
Walking also reduces certain chemicals of the immune system that could be worsen our depression. Walking also increases the temperature of our body which also calming the effect on our body and kept away from depression.
How long do you need to Walk/Jog to get rid of Depression:
- Walking for just half an hour per day can help you get rid of a depressed mood.
- Put on walking shoes and walk/jog for about 30 minutes at least five times a week and see your depression go way so far.
- It is not necessary to walk always outdoor, walking on the treadmill for about 30 minutes for only 11 days definitely improves depression. Good home remedy for depression.
- Walking and Jogging will take only two to three weeks before anti-depressants begin to improve your moods and make you happy.
Image Credit – http://www.EasyVectors.comOther Major benefit of Walking and Jogging:
- Walking reduces the chance of occurrence of Cancer.
- Jogging is very helpful in diabetes.
- Walking is complete cardiovascular work out for an individual which is very helpful in heart disease.
- Walking slowly just for 15 minutes, three times a day can lower your blood pressure levels for eleven hours, while a continuous walk for 45 minutes can keep your pressure down for 7 hours.